Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Practice Makes Perfect

Right after my long & tiring day at makeup school, I realized I need to kick it up a notch with my midterms coming up next week. And I'm panicking already because I still can't finish a complete flawless application in 1 hour! So, I decided to ambush my friend Jade last Sunday and practiced my makeup skills on her. Thank you dear for letting me crash at your place =D

Before

After
No, I didn't fix her hair too. Hehe, it was still wet when I took the first photo. Yes, that's how early I bugged her in the morning! =p

Closed Eyes
Lessons Learned
- Again, blend, blend, blend! 
- Be more careful with skin matching, esp. with only natural light on. I was so used to applying makeup at school where the mirrors had light bulbs that let you see all the colors on the face accurately. With just natural daylight, it gets trickier so the foundation has to suit the face & neck perfectly. Next time, I ought to take photos even with only the foundation & concealer finished so I can check early on if my formulation was indeed correct.
- Trim the eyebrows before applying moisturizer & foundation to prevent small hair strands from sticking to the skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment