Thursday, March 25, 2010

From No Makeup to Bridal

This was a nerve-wrecking afternoon. Hehe, we were under a time limit and did 2 looks on 1 model. First was the no-makeup makeup where the face needs to look fresh & clean with no visible traces of the product. They say this is one of the hardest looks to master.
 
Before

After (no makeup look)

Then we moved on to bridal makeup where you use neutral but intensified colors. I also got to apply false eyelashes for the first time. Wee!!! Thanks Grace for spending the afternoon with me! I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did :)
 
After (bridal look)

Closed Eyes
Lessons Learned
- If the color of the foundation still doesn't match the skin perfectly after application, adjust it by dusting a darker or lighter shade of powder. There should be no difference at all between the face and the neck.
- Stick to the apples of the cheeks when applying blush and make sure not to extend it too much inward when blending. Otherwise, it can look like your model is having allergies instead of the natural flush on the cheeks that you were going for.
- When buying falsies, get a pair that looks natural and isn't too thick. In my case, the lashes were too long and it overwhelmed the entire face. Once my model opened her eyes, I couldn't see the eye shadow anymore even though I blended it up to the crease.
- Always set the look with powder after all the makeup's done. Then check from time to time if the t-zone is already starting to become oily and blot/retouch if necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment