Sunday, March 28, 2010

Period Makeup: 1920-1930

In my last class, we learned to recreate looks from the 1920's and 1930's. This comes in handy once we're on the field already and are asked to do makeup for photo shoots & events inspired by these eras. Here's my friend Jade again for the 1920's.

Before

After

Haha, does it look like she really is from that period? I converted the image to black & white because I wanted to see if the lip color was dark enough to register as black on photo. Because the eyebrows from these eras were mostly thin, we used a wax to smooth out the hair and applied foundation over it. But because I didn't have a sealant, the strands started to pop out when I was almost done with the entire application. I also made her lips smaller here by exaggerating the cupid's bow.


And here she is back in present day with her regular eyebrows. The look became wearable once I removed the wax. Thanks again dear for letting me practice on you! =D

Now for the 1930's, I didn't have a friend available so I just got a random girl from the building to be my model =p

Before

After

Closed Eyes

I really saw the difference when I used sealant on her eyebrows after putting wax. The area stayed smooth even after I was done with her makeup! The only booboo here was that the foundation was too dark so it was still quite noticeable in the photo. I also altered the natural shape of her lips by adding a wide V in the upper middle part. Unlike the 1920's lips, this version doesn't dip as sharply in the cupid's bow and the entire lip looks fuller and more round.

2 comments:

  1. wala nga yung comment ko! hassle! i said lang na i look hungry :p haha good job anj! my mom said nice daw makeup ko nung Sat! hehe - Jade

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha! di naman hungry :) para ngang you're about to giggle anytime soon eh :D thanks jade! i'm glad your mom liked it too! :D

    ReplyDelete