Saturday, July 17, 2010

Back from hiatus!

It's been a while since I applied makeup on anybody. After my Saturday classes ended in May, I had no other venue to practice my skills. I guess I was a little bummed out too that it would take my school an entire month just to deliver our grades. So back then, I didn't know if I should be ecstatic or not because I wasn't sure I qualified for the basic makeup certificate yet. But I was informed that since I was being invited to internship opportunities for the school's events, that means I practically passed the course already and I just need to complete the required on-the-job training hours before they hand out my grades & certificate. Woohoo!!!

This past week was a special one to me. I helped my friend with her makeup for another friend's wedding where she was one of the bridesmaids.

Then I also had a chance to participate in FHM's 100 Sexiest Women victory party last Thursday at the World Trade Center. This was part of my internship requirement and I did the makeup of one of the belly dancers. Here was the peg for her look.


I had a difficult time with the eyeliner. First, I used the felt-tip type (L'oreal Super Liner) but it kept cracking on her upper lashline. That's when I realized I can never use this product on chinita eyes because the inner folds on the eyelids tends to break the layer of makeup. To fix it, I need a smooth surface that won't rub against the skin so I used a gel liner instead and set it with black powder eyeshadow afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment