Friday, July 23, 2010

South African theme

We had a world cup theme in the office for an upcoming event and my team was assigned South Africa. If there's one thing I love about my current company, it's the abundance of such talented & creative minds. They've put together a photo shoot as part of the pre-activities and I was tasked to do some of the makeup.

The inspiration for the first look came from Naima's photo on America's Next Top Model. But in my model's case, I opted to skip the black color on the cheek plane since the facial features didn't seem to fit it, as seen in this behind-the-scene photo. 

 
Or maybe I just couldn't figure the strategy for applying it. Anyway, I erased it eventually and here's the tight shot that was taken later on.

I also realized that I should always finish the contouring/blush first before drawing patterns on the skin. I had such a hard time dusting colors on the cheeks after I made the dots so it wouldn't smear the kohl pencil. 

Then I did another look. This time, I used plums on her eyelids and tried to make it smokey, with heavy false eyelashes and a thick eyeliner. For the coverage, we were opting for a dark skin shade with pale lips. 

I'm so happy with how this photo shoot turned out. It's my first time to do it for fun, without considering the time limit or how the output would affect my grades. I'll definitely do more of this in the future with my aspiring photographer friends who are also trying to beef up their portfolio. =D

No comments:

Post a Comment