Monday, May 3, 2010

Period Makeup: 1970-1980

The inspiration for the 1970s look was disco queen. I used heavy eyeliner and frosted eyeshadow to highlight the brow bone. One thing I learned from this session was to always use a hint of yellow foundation with very fair skinned girls, like my model. When the lightest shade I had was still too dark for her, I mixed that with white to get the closest skin tone. But when I applied it on her face, it turned out too white and I had to diffuse it with yellow-based powder so her neck & face would match perfectly. My model had a trained eye with scrutinizing makeup too so I had a lot of help with correcting the flaws on my application. Heehee :)

Before

After
I was so happy on this day because it was the first time my teacher praised my work, ever! She said my blending was improving. That comment shot me straight to heaven! =D

Later during the day, we tried to recreate the 80's punk look with dark eyes and very pale lips. I mixed foundation with petroleum jelly to lighten the lips.

Before

After

I think her eyes were still not dark enough in this look. It's still a very soft smokey eye. I didn't have enough time to apply more actually. So that's another thing I need to work on, SPEED!

Thanks Kars & Amy for trekking to Makati to be my models. I know you girls live quite far from it :)

2 comments:

  1. exact words ng teacher mo Anj: "Your blending has improved significantly!" =) Go girl! ::Kars

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww, thanks kars! yun na highlight ng 3-month course ko, getting praised once by my super strict proxy teacher! :D

    ReplyDelete