Monday, May 3, 2010

Period Makeup: 1940-1960

Ok, it's been ages since I last blogged about my classes. Haha, been quite busy with my real work these past few weeks but now that things started to ease up a bit, I have time for makeup once again! Here, we did 1940's makeup. The eyebrows were made thick & full on purpose, then paired with the signature bright red lipstick and neutral eyeshadow swept upwards on the outer corner.

Before

After

In the afternoon, we did 1950s & 1960s makeup. I still find false eyelashes so tricky! In here, I forgot to curl her lashes first before applying the falsies. Major booboo there because she had lashes in 2 directions at the end of it.
Before

After (also full eyebrows)

Closed Eyes (check out the beauty mark! =p)

Then for the 1960's Twiggy look, I didn't have falsies short enough to work on her bottom lashes so I just drew some lines to achieve the same effect. Another challenge I had here was that the left falsies didn't flare evenly. I'm not sure if it was with how the lashes were made or with the way I handled & glued it on the lash line. I definitely need more practice!


Thanks Loren & Aina for being my models on this day =D

No comments:

Post a Comment